The complete list of participants in VbZ infections survey can be seen at our website.
Some of the centers have agreed participation although they did not submit the cases applied to their hospitals in the study week. Below is the study protocol we have sent to participating centers. We only included participants who submitted patients’ data FYI. If you have any questions, you can contact me. Many thanks for your contributions.
All the best
We are about to finalize the manuscript of West Nile Virus neuroinvasive disease ID-IRI study. Currently we are at the final check stage. We are planning to send the draft of the paper to participants within a couple weeks FYI.
We have analyzed 165 WNV CNS infections in this study. Hence this is a huge cohort. Many thanks to our group.
ID-IRI study analyzing infective endocarditis has been accepted for publication in European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases. The data came from referral centers in 13 countries.
The idea behind this survey was to provide one of the largest patient databases ever provided in the literature and to picture the current status of endocardial infections as a snapshot tool. To prevent confusion and to provide more robust data we excluded probable endocarditis patients and included definitive endocarditis patients solely. On the whole, we analyzed 867 cases with definitive endocarditis and we believe this is a huge number.
The paper delineates in detail the epidemiology/microbiology/histopathology of infective endocarditis, the extents and types of complications particularly the embolic patterns and suppurative complications, underlying disorders with special emphasis on cardiac parameters, the differences between PVE and NVE cases. Furthermore, the manuscript also mentions outcome parameters. Finally, we wanted to delineate the impacts and contributions of diagnostic parameters (Vascular and immunological phenomena, microbiological or radiological data) in due course of diagnostic courses.
We hope that this study will provide a general understanding of infective endocarditis and will help decision making by optimizing clinical approaches both to infectious diseases physicians and the cardiologists worldwide with its current presentation. As you kindly appreciate robust inferences could only be made through huge patient databases. Thanks to the contributors once again.
ID-IRI Vector-borne and zoonotic infections survey is about to start within a couple of weeks. The design of the study will be prospective and cross-sectional.
We are still open to centers eager to join us, We will not be able to include additional Turkish centers since we previously noted counterparts from Turkey.
Those willing to join the study can kindly contact Dr Nurhayat Bayazıt.
Contact point: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Brucellosis in pregnancy: results of multicenter ID-IRI study” is accepted for publication in European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
“Predictors of unfavorable outcome in neurosyphilis: Multicenter ID-IRI Study” is accepted fof publication in European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. Many thanks to our group and participant centers.
You can see the published ID-IRI papers under the publications page at the ID-IRI website. The statuses of ongoing ID-IRI researches are as follows:
- Predictors of unfavorable in neurosyphilis: Multicenter ID-IRI Study: The journal asks for revisions after peer review.
- CAS scoring: A novel ID-IRI score for predicting in-hospital mortality in community acquired sepsis patients: The paper is under review elsewhere
- Lancet and Thwaites scoring in subacute meningitis: Paper submitted elsewhere.
- VIP due to Acinetobacter: The study is finalized and the analysis continues
- HIV stigmata and discrimination: The study is finalized and the analysis continues
- CNS VZV disease: The study is finalized and the analysis continues
- Intestinal Tuberculosis: The study is finalized and the analysis continues
- Neuroinvasive WNV disease: The study is finalized and the analysis continues
- Brucellosis in pregnancy: The paper is written and nearly finalized
- Mucormycosis: The study is finalized and the analysis continues
- Endocardial infections survey: The preperations are about to be finished and the sırvey will start soon.
- Zoonotic infections survey: The preperations are about to be finished and the sırvey will start soon.
- Candidemia analysis: The preps are ongoing
Thanks to our collaborative research network for the great contributions.