We have sent the study documents of “the ID-IRI Study for surgical site infections after cardiac surgery” to the participant centers. If new centers would like to join, they can agree on participation through the link.
If you have queries, please contact Dr. Farouq (email@example.com)
General objectives: The aim of this study is to characterize surgical site infections among patients that had cardiac surgery.
1. To find out the types of surgical site infections after cardiac surgery
2. To find out the factors associated with poor outcomes in these infections
Settings: Hospitals where cardiac surgeries are conducted.
· Consecutive patients who undergo elective or emergency cardiac surgery during the study period.
· It’s an absolute requirement for all consecutive patients within the chosen period to be included.
· Patients who developed surgical site infections within 1 month of the procedure, or 1 year if a prosthesis is put in place should be identified among the included subjective.
Design: a multi-center, study to be conducted tentatively between January 1st, 2023, and March 31st, 2023. Data will be collected prospectively over three months period.